The West Cork Underwater Search and Rescue unit relies on the generosity of the public to carry out our services. We do not receive any financial support from the government and do not receive any grants whatsoever. Therefore donations, no matter how small, are extremely important to us. We employ no fulltime staff as part of our organisation, all of our members are volunteers and selflessly give their time for free to help others.
Please visit our donation page on ifundraise if you are interested in making a donation to the unit. Remember, any donation no matter how small would be appreciated.
The list below details some of the equipment we are currently fundraising for.
1. 7.50 metre RIB with twin engines with navigation and safety equipment €67000. This is for to operate safely with a team of 8 divers at any one time.
2. Side-scan equipment for to identifying underwater objects and layout of the sea bed, €27000.
This important item will assist us in the underwater search as to identify the type of complex sea-bed we face and tell us the most effective search pattern or any hazards that are there.
3. Underwater camera. €24500.
The cameras help us in low visibility as well as records what we see in real time so that the support crew on the boat can help with the search. In conditions where its not safe for divers to be in the water, the camera will allow us to search the sea bed.
4. Equipment for a team of 8 divers. €44000.
Equipment we need to search safely, Drysuits, SCUBA units with underwater communications,
Full face masks, Accessories such as fins, knives etc.
5. Transport in the form of a command unit in which we can carry the equipment and use the space to plan and coordinate the search as well as support the back up team. €23000 second hand
Please contact us directly on email@example.com if you are interested in making a contribution.